Rex Woodbury's Best Content of 2021
Rex Woodbury might have one of the most impressive resumes on Earth.
He is an investor in consumer software companies at Index Ventures, the creator of Digital Native, a newsletter about the intersection of people and technology, graduate of the Stanford Graduate School of Business, and founder and former CEO of Worthy, a nonprofit that provides mentorship to the LGBTQ community.
Not impressed yet?
Rex has worked in Growth at Airtable, as an investment analyst at Goldman Sachs and TPG Growth, in creator marketing for Calm, on social innovation policy for California Governor Gavin Newsom, and set a world record for running the fastest half-marathon in a suit.
Beyond the workplaces on his resume, what makes Rex most impressive is his prolific content creation. From TikTok to Substack, Rex writes articles and shares stories that are enjoyed by millions of people.
Here are some of his greatest hits.
Rex Woodbury content greatest hits
- Rex Woodbury Substack posts - The Building Blocks of Tech
- Rex Woodbury TikTok videos - Whitney Wolfe Herd just became the world’s youngest self-made female billionaire
- Rex Woodbury Twitter threads - This is Miko. She's a virtual streamer who is controlled by a real-life woman known only as The Technician
- Rex Woodbury Instagram posts - When you get a new job but don’t know how to open a bottle of champagne
- Rex Woodbury Podcast appearances - Web 3.0, Culture and Investing in the Metaverse
Rex Woodbury Substack posts
Every Wednesday morning Rex sends his newsletter, Digital Native, to tens of thousands of his subscribers.
Topics in the newsletter range from the rise and influence of Lil Nas X to Neopets paving the way for the Metaverse to Blockchain gaming. If you’re interested in understanding the evolution of people living online, Digital Native is essential reading. Check out Rex’s most-read posts below.
Top 3 Rex Woodbury Substack posts
- The Building Blocks of Tech
- An Interview with OnlyFans Creator Jasmine Rice
- A Guide to Gen Z Through TikTok Trends, Emojis, & Language
Rex Woodbury TikTok videos
Rex’s TikTok account is relatively new, but that hasn’t stopped him from going viral many times over. He creates content that is a mix of personal and stories about internet culture. You’ll find his most viral posts below.
Top 3 Rex Woodbury TikTok videos
- Whitney Wolfe Herd just became the world’s youngest self-made female billionaire (1.3M views)
- Gaming is a lot bigger than most people think (757.9k views)
- Is this brilliant or horrible? (494.4k views)
Rex Woodbury Twitter threads
Rex regularly tweets and writes long-form threads about Gen Z trends, the creator economy, and internet culture more broadly.
Follow him or read his most viral tweet threads below.
Top 3 Rex Woodbury Twitter threads
- This is Miko. She's a virtual streamer who is controlled by a real-life woman known only as The Technician. (1800 retweets, 6k likes)
- To put the gaming market in perspective (1200 retweets, 6k likes)
- Costco has always fascinated me. (1100 retweets, 3.8k likes)
Rex Woodbury Instagram posts
Rex’s Instagram features more personal content than what you’ll see in his other channels. His posts highlight scenes of traveling, adorable photos with his partner, and his social activism. Here are his most viewed posts.
Top 3 Rex Woodbury Instagram videos
- When you get a new job but don’t know how to open a bottle of champagne (107k views)
- The election is 74 days away. (56.5k views)
- Ian and I met in New York five years ago—in Grand Central Station (41.3k views)
Rex Woodbury Podcast appearances
Rex is a frequent guest on Tech podcasts, where he often discusses Web3, the creator economy, and how technology continues to shape culture. Here are some of the highlights.
Top 3 Rex Woodbury Podcast appearances
- Rex Woodbury (Index Ventures) - Web 3.0, Culture and Investing in the Metaverse
- The Future of the Creator Economy, Social Media, and Internet
- Rex Woodbury: Principal at Index Ventures and writer/creator of Digital Native (previously at Airtable and TPG)
More Rex Woodbury videos
- Rex's Story: THE G WORD (84,246 views)
- Man runs half marathon in suit and tie (41,063 views)
- Redefining Masculinity (19,360 views)
This Rex Woodbury profile was created by Heyday
When you’re researching someone like Rex online, imagine if you could see a consolidated view of his tweets, articles, newsletters, and other content they’ve created.
The Heyday browser extension automatically resurfaces content by people you research, so you never waste time digging.
Ready for your photographic memory?
Add the Heyday extension to your browser to see tweets, articles, newsletters, and more featuring the people you research online.